Chances are more than one of your customers has commented on the eye-watering cost of fuel – and with the war in the Ukraine continuing, the price is only going to get higher. Here are some simple techniques that may help them reduce their fuel consumption:
- Be aware of factors that may add to your fuel consumption, from adding accessories to your 4×4 to driving with short bursts of acceleration.
- Where possible, maintain a steady speed. This makes it possible for the engine management system to adjust to the most economical settings for optimal fuel consumption.
- Don’t accelerate aggressively while the car’s engine is cold, as this consumes a lot of fuel.
- Consider turning off the engine if you are stuck in heavy traffic, and restarting once the cars start moving again – but be aware that continuous switch offs will drain your battery.
- Take care of basic maintenance and keep an eye on tyre pressure and alignment.
- Ensuring that your car is in good running order will go a long way to preventing excessive fuel consumption.